I’m a Ph.D. student, a Fulbright Scholar and a Prime Minister’s Research Fellow (PMRF) at the Computer Science Engineering discipline of IIT Gandhinagar. Prof. Nipun Batra supervises me. My research interest is in Ubiquitous Computing. My current focus is designing wearables that measure health parameters and exposure to air pollutions. I did my schooling in Shillong, India and grew up there, although I was born in the Indian state of Assam.
- September 14 Google Summer of Code (GSoC) officially ends. Grateful to be mentored by Josh Gordon from Google. Proposal can be found here.
- August 22 Short paper titled, “Towards Continuous Respiration Rate Detection While Walking” accepted in Ubicomp 2022
- August 22: Joined Carnegie Mellon University as a visiting researcher (Fulbright Scholar).
- April 26: Paper titled, “Samachar: Print News Media on Air Pollution in India” accepted in ACM COMPASS’22
- 22nd October: Got selected as a Prime Minister’s Research Fellow (PMRF)
- 13th September: Our article on Hidden Markov Model got accepted in the IEEE VISxAI workshop 2021.
- 14th August: I’m serving as a member of the program committee (PC) in the 4th workshop on Data: Acquisition to Analysis
- 3rd July: I will be serving as a Student Volunteer for UbiComp’21!
- 9th April: Gave an expert talk on “Mobile Computing In Health” during GUJCOST sponsored 3-day workshop on “IoT and Wearable Technology.” at SCET - Feedback From Participants-: Picture 1, Picture 2
- 22nd March: Member of Shadow Program Committee at ACM COMPASS
- 12th March: Done with PhD qualifying examinations!
- 23rd December: Journal paper titled, “Vartalaap: What Drives #AirQuality Discussions: Politics,Pollution or Pseudo-science?” accepted in CSCW 2021
- 20th October: Deployment paper got accepted in the 3rd workshop on DATA’20
- 14th October: Poster abstract got accepted in Sensys 2020
- 28th July: Two posters/short papers got accepted in Ubicomp/ISWC 2020.
- 25th July: Position Paper got accepted for presentation in Ubicomp/ISWC 2020
- 4th January: Attended CoDS COMAD 2020 in ISB Hyderabad with ACM travel grant.
- 5th December: Joined CEEW as a Visiting Fellow
- 1st December: Attended workshop on “Priorities for Advancing Research on Health Effects of Air Pollution in India” in AIIMS, New Delhi. Poster Presented
- 4th November: Attended AI For Social Good Workshop in Google Research Bangalore.
- 22nd August: Attended India Clean Air Summit (ICAS) 2019 organised by CSTEP.
- 29th July: Joined IIT Gandhinagar as a Ph.D. student
- 24th July: Received ACM travel grant to attend Expanding the Horizons of Human-Centered AI in Delhi.
- 1st March: Joined IIT Gandhinagar as a Research Assistant.
- Teaching Assistant and Guest Lecturer For Operating Systems (Fall 2020 CS301)
- Lecture Slides: Begineers Guide To Assembly, Clang, Debugger and GDB (co-taught with Tom Glint)
- Teaching Assistant and Guest Lecturer For Operating Systems (Fall 2019 CS301)
- August’15: Intern. Bisect Online Solutions, Guwahati,Assam
- January’16: Front End Web Dev. For, EODB, Guwahati, Assam
- July’16: Contract Worker for front-end web technologies. Multiple Organizations
- August’18: Research and Teaching Assistant, IIIT- Sricity
- March’19: Junior Research Fellow, IIT-Gandhinagar