I’m a Ph.D. candidate in the CSE discipline of IIT Gandhinagar. Prof. Nipun Batra advises me. I’m also a Fulbright Visiting Researcher at the SMASH Lab of Carnegie Mellon University. My research interest is in Ubiquitous Computing. My current focus is on designing wearables that measure health parameters. I did my schooling in Shillong, India and grew up there, although I was born in the Indian state of Assam.
- October 28 Our paper Spiromask got accepted in ACM HEALTH.
- September 14 Google Summer of Code (GSoC) officially ends. Grateful to be mentored by Josh Gordon from Google. Proposal can be found here.
- August 22 Short paper titled, “Towards Continuous Respiration Rate Detection While Walking” accepted in Ubicomp 2022
- August 22: Joined Carnegie Mellon University as a visiting researcher (Fulbright Scholar).
- April 26: Paper titled, “Samachar: Print News Media on Air Pollution in India” accepted in ACM COMPASS’22
- 22nd October: Got selected as a Prime Minister’s Research Fellow (PMRF)
- 13th September: Our article on Hidden Markov Model got accepted in the IEEE VISxAI workshop 2021.
- 14th August: I’m serving as a member of the program committee (PC) in the 4th workshop on Data: Acquisition to Analysis
- 3rd July: I will be serving as a Student Volunteer for UbiComp’21!
- 9th April: Gave an expert talk on “Mobile Computing In Health” during GUJCOST sponsored 3-day workshop on “IoT and Wearable Technology.” at SCET - Feedback From Participants-: Picture 1, Picture 2
- 22nd March: Member of Shadow Program Committee at ACM COMPASS
- 12th March: Done with PhD qualifying examinations!
- 23rd December: Journal paper titled, “Vartalaap: What Drives #AirQuality Discussions: Politics,Pollution or Pseudo-science?” accepted in CSCW 2021
- 20th October: Deployment paper got accepted in the 3rd workshop on DATA’20
- 14th October: Poster abstract got accepted in Sensys 2020
- 28th July: Two posters/short papers got accepted in Ubicomp/ISWC 2020.
- 25th July: Position Paper got accepted for presentation in Ubicomp/ISWC 2020
- 4th January: Attended CoDS COMAD 2020 in ISB Hyderabad with ACM travel grant.
- 5th December: Joined CEEW as a Visiting Fellow
- 1st December: Attended workshop on “Priorities for Advancing Research on Health Effects of Air Pollution in India” in AIIMS, New Delhi. Poster Presented
- 4th November: Attended AI For Social Good Workshop in Google Research Bangalore.
- 22nd August: Attended India Clean Air Summit (ICAS) 2019 organised by CSTEP.
- 29th July: Joined IIT Gandhinagar as a Ph.D. student
- 24th July: Received ACM travel grant to attend Expanding the Horizons of Human-Centered AI in Delhi.
- 1st March: Joined IIT Gandhinagar as a Research Assistant.
- Teaching Assistant and Guest Lecturer For Operating Systems (Fall 2020 CS301)
- Lecture Slides: Begineers Guide To Assembly, Clang, Debugger and GDB (co-taught with Tom Glint)
- Teaching Assistant and Guest Lecturer For Operating Systems (Fall 2019 CS301)
- Lecture Slides: Free Space Management
- Lecture Slides: Begineers Guide To Assembly (for someone with a C background)
- August’15: Intern. Bisect Online Solutions, Guwahati,Assam
- January’16: Front End Web Dev. For, EODB, Guwahati, Assam
- July’16: Contract Worker for front-end web technologies. Multiple Organizations
- August’18: Research and Teaching Assistant, IIIT- Sricity
- March’19: Junior Research Fellow, IIT-Gandhinagar